I started this blog because I’m passionate about enjoying and respecting nature, sharing adventures along the way. I want to offer information and inspiration to help you make the most of your trail miles and outdoor adventures. Like
“There is no exercise so beneficial, physically, mentally, or morally, nothing which gives so much of living for so little cost, as hiking our mountain and hill trails and sleeping under the stars.” —Will Thrall
So. Here are 9 Things I Believe About Hiking:
- I believe hiking is a great family-friendly activity that builds muscle and memories.
- I believe that spending quality time outdoors is one of the best ways to promote appreciation of and respect for the environment.
- I believe hiking is an activity that can be tailored to any schedule and ability.
- I believe that hiking is a unique and healthy alternative to social media binges and other electronic addictions.
- I believe that time on the trails clears one’s head and reduces stress.
- I believe hiking promotes good health and strengthens social bonds.
- I believe the best trails are often the most challenging, and am not afraid of hamstring-hollering climbs or endless switchbacks as long as they take me where I want to go.
- I believe that hiking makes me a better, more well-rounded person. And slightly less hyper.
- I believe connections made on the trail are precious and enjoyable and that hikers share a unique camaraderie.
Sound good? Ready to grab your boots? Cool. Let’s make the most of our outdoor miles, one step at a time!
For more, download a copy of my FREE ebook, A Hiker’s Manifesto.