Easy Meaty Breakfast Cups
Serve with some fresh fruit and you have hearty, flavorful breakfast in a snap!
- 1-1/4 cup thawed tater tots, shredded or hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1-1-2 cup cooked bacon, ham, or sausage, cooked and crumbled 1
- 1 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 3-4 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Evenly divide tater tots (or hash browns) into bottom of each muffin cup, press up sides.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add meat of choice (or combination). Cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt. Stir in meat mixture.
Pour evenly into potato-lined muffin cups. Top with cheese.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Guilt-Free Weeknight Favorites.